I'm on that dirty Atkins Diet, so for the last three days I've been able to do nothing but snivel and whine about hunger pains, bad digestion, and my newfound obsession for carbohydrates. I've been living off of beef, chicken, salad, tofu and steamed vegetables. No, it doesn't sound all that bad, but imagine giving up yummy juice, lovely candies, nice fruit and good noodles. Imagine giving up staples like rice and bread! Imagine saying goodbye forever to that full, satisfied feeling that only comes from eating white and fluffy amorphous forms of starch! My precious, precious sweet...
Alas..... Steve tells me to give it a week and i'll be glad i did. The first week is the hardest, says he. The problem is, I'm a cheat. My auntie cooked me noodles for dinner and I didn't want to explain to her the diet I was on (for fear she'd think I was crazy) so I innocently ate two small bowls. Later while I was studying, I noticed Karen had left her strawberry french soda 2/3 full after she had left. I succumbed to it's cotton-candy pink hue, seductively speaking to me "Drink me. Drink me!" I took a sip. Instant gratification, both sweet and savory in my mouth for the first time in what seemed like an eternity.
For five minutes i couldn't have been happier or felt better - until the Sugar Crash. I noticed it first when I was trying to write and my hands started to shake violently while diagramming metaphase of mitosis. Suddenly I became very hot and sweaty for no apparent reason as the feeling of utter emptiness consumed me from the inside out. My body seemed to turn against me, demanding more SUGAR, SUGAR SUGAR!!!!!!!!!
That's the last thing I remember. I feel like a shadow of my former self... stretched if you will.
Like too little butter scraped over too much bread.........
No comments:
Post a Comment