My dad thinks he's such a love guru. He boasts that the wisdom he has garnered from his experiences rival that of any psychologist's, and assures me that if I ever run into a problem his words will be more useful than Adam Corolla's or Dr. Drew's, and far more accessible. I'm not too keen on going to my dad with all of my personal issues, but I ran a few things by him and he was able to give me some solid albeit alarming advice:
THE LOWDOWN
1.)If you miss someone, find a replacement. Better yet, find two or three.
2.)If you find yourself in a situation where you care too much, hide it. Never show weakness.
3.)It is your right -- nay your obligation (<---adlibbed by karen) -- to have many choices up until the day you get married.
4.)Remember, you are only human.
5.)I don't understand young girls these days. They think that they can just... Oh, wait. sorry. that was him ranting about some other shit.
I'm supposed to continue this conversation on Sat. morning over coffee. Hardly how I'd ideally spend the first few hours of my weekend, but oh well... if he says any more strange things I'll be sure to share them with you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment