I am a wreck. I went into the doctor today for an NST and to have my fluid levels checked. She got the results from my ultrasound from Monday and the baby's weight (5lb 3ozs) is only within the 10th-20th percentile of normal babies at 35 weeks. Not only that but my placenta is grade 3, meaning it's old and calcified, and may not be providing the baby with enough nourishment to grow. On top of that, my fluid levels were found to be pretty low.
I'm worried about the baby and about the possibility of having a C-section. I am terrified of operations. Even scarier is the idea that maybe my placenta will shut down without my knowing, and the baby will die before I even notice anything is wrong. I know I shouldn't think that way but just the thought that something should happen to her before I ever had the chance to meet her makes me so sad.
It's really hard for me to know how she's doing because I can't see her but can only feel her move and even then it's hard to interpret the movements. Has she been too still this last hour? or has she been moving so much that there might be something wrong? How will I know in time and not be too late?
Those are the worst case scenarios. More likely is that the baby will have to come out soon, either by induction or C-section within the next two weeks. Please keep her in your thoughts as she gets ready to enter the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment